Sunday, November 15, 2009




I love flowers!! My very first painting was created in 1978 during my first art class taken in Beverly, Massachusetts. Since then, I have painted many varieties of flowers indigenous to New England and Florida, from tulips and hydrangeas to lilies and hibiscus. I find the turn and movement of the petals and leaves fascinating. My color palette reflects the excitement I find in flowers. Hope you enjoy them!







This was my first piece accepted in a Juried Exhibit in Venice, Florida. I was thrilled to be included in the company of so many talented artists. "My Iris" is one of my most popular selling giclees. My inspiration comes from the most beautiful Cape Cod Spring gardens.




"Heavenly Hibiscus" was my first attempt at painting these beautiful tropical flowers. During our winters in Venice, Florida, I try to take art classes at The Venice Art Center. One of my favorite instructors is Barbara Thelen, a Minnesota transplant to the Gulf Coast of Florida. She has taught me so many wonderful watercolor techniques. Her workshops have been invaluable.





No comments:

Post a Comment